Bluetooth Air Tube Headset
Bluetooth Air Tube Headset is a safer alternative to regular Bluetooth Headsets – however I recommend using Air Tube Earphones instead.
Bluetooth Air Tube Headset - Why I Stock Them
These Bluetooth Air Tube Headset are made by the same company that makes our Air Tube Earphones (ibrain).
I want to be super clear - I only recommend these for people who are so attached to having a Bluetooth headset that they’d rather lose a limb than be separated from them. This is because they utilise wireless technology - which is what we’re aiming to avoid.
So why do I stock them? These are much safer than the regular Bluetooth headsets - they are designed to reduce your EMF exposure and do so in many ways.
These hollow plastic tubes are 14.5cm and their role is to allow sound to travel to your ears without wires - this creates distance from the wiring, an important step in reducing exposure.
As well, the wires are only present in the lower portion.
There is a button allowing you to turn the headset on & off, adjust the volume, and skip songs.
These tubes are very sturdy, however, I still recommend that you be gentle with them.
What Is It?
The Bluetooth Air Tube Headset is black.
Specifications and details:
- Plastic and anodised aluminium components
- USB plug for charging
- Featuring an on/off button, volume control, song skipper
- Micro USB charging port
- Standby time: 200 hours
- Talk time: 7 hours
- Music time: 10 hours
- Operating range: 10m
- Bluetooth version: V5.0
The pack includes:
- Bluetooth Headset
- USB charging cable ~ 20cm long
- Spare set of silicone holders
- 4 pairs of silicone earbud covers - of various sizes, so you can switch them over to the one that fit your ear holes best
How to Use Your Bluetooth Air Tube Headset
Charge then pair your Headset with your device.
I only recommend these for people intent on using Bluetooth Headsets. They’re a safer option, but far from ideal.
Please opt for the Air Tube Earphones instead - they are much safer.
Nothing makes a mobile or smartphone safe.
They do enable you to use your phone without holding it, and also provide the desired minimum gap with wiring to reduce exposure to EMF.
Regardless of which accessories you use, the following still applies:
- Minimise use of your mobile or smartphone.
- SMS instead of voice or video calls.
- Limit calls to 2 minutes - shorter is better.
- Use your phone on speaker phone (and do not hold it while it is in use).
- Do not keep your phone on or against your body.
- Turn it off when not in use.
A Swedish scientist once told me that a safe distance from a mobile phone is 5km (yes, kilometres)!