Air Tube Headset – Why I Love It
The Air Tube Headset are perfect for longer term use. I am not a fan of sticking the buds of earphones into my ears – I find them irritating, and have always preferred headphones for this reason.
The Headset is comfortable for long periods of time.
I use mine on all of my calls with clients and for meetings.
I do also use them with my iPhone so that I can have the phone on the other side of my shielded case and be safe while I use it (which is rare).
What is it?
Here are the specs for Air Tube Headset.
- Plastic, stainless steel and anodised aluminium components
- 3.5mm plug or USB plug
- <2 meter-long cable
- The last 24 cm is a plastic tube allowing sound to travel to your ears without wires – this creates distance from the wiring, an important step in reducing exposure (reducing your exposure to EMF)
- Mono (If you are looking for something in stereo – check out these)
More Details About Air Tube Headset
- The wires that are present (in the lower portion) are shielded (reducing your exposure to EMF)
- The loudspeaker is not magnetic (reducing your exposure to EMF)
- The microphone is passive, ie it is a receiver and does not emit (reducing your exposure to EMF)
- The entire length of the durable cable from plug to headset is close to 2 metres! There is a curly cord section, which keeps the cable tidy, but can easily stretch out to allow you to move about AND be a significant distance from your phone or other device (reducing your exposure to EMF)
- The microphone improves the sound of your voice by “focusing” on your voice and not the sounds all around
- They are lightweight
- The T-shaped end is padded (it rest against the head)
- The microphone angle is adjustable, and has a 330 degree range of movement
- The ear cushion is high quality, long-wearing, is comfortable – and there is even a spare one in the box!
- The headband is stainless steel and flexibly adjusts to fit most heads
How To Care for Your Air Tube Headset
Be gentle with them…
Don't toss them in a bag and knock them around.