Building Biology Audits
Building Biology Audits… better than your average
At Eco Health Solutions, our high quality building biology audits are known as Environmental Health AssessmentsTM because they are more than just a healthy home check or a building biology audit. They are:
- tailored to your needs
My national team of expert building biologists can tailor an Environmental Health AssessmentTM to suit your needs. I have hand-picked my team and they are highly trained, experienced and dedicated, with an eye for detail, and big hearts.
The team at Eco Health Solutions offers the highest quality building biology services,
with the ultimate mission of making the world a safer place for all.
What is Assessed?The following is the basis of what is assessed in Eco Health Solutions Environmental Health AssessmentTM (EHA). Please be assured that whatever we identify as a potential hazard will be accompanied by solutions and action steps to mitigate the problem. So, no need to worry as we won’t leave you in the dark!
Indoor Air Quality
Electromagnetic Fields (EMF)
Mould and Water-Damage
Indoor air quality is assessed for contaminants – such as fragrances; ambient air pollution of the indoor air; off-gassing of furniture, furnishings and finishes; dust and dust mites; building materials and so forth.
Areas that are measured can include (and depend on what is presenting, the history and your concerns)
- lead and other heavy metals
- carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, combustion gases
- VOCs (important in new construction)
- formaldehyde (important in new construction)
- particulate matter
There is a vast array of other possible indoor air contaminants to assess, and this may require the hiring of equipment suited to your home, in particular. Please discuss your concerns when booking.
Using professional specialised equipment, we assess the following forms of EMF in our EHAs audits:
- ELF AC electric fields
- ELF AC magnetic fields
- high frequency powerflux density
- high frequency transient spikes (aka “dirty electricity”)
From here, solutions are determined – based on lowest cost and highest efficacy.
Shielding may be part of our recommendations, and this is done to high standards and experience from providing shielding options for 5 years for all of Australia’s building biologists.
* Please note that body voltage is rarely used, as it is only useful for assessing ELF AC Electric Fields when someone is laying in bed
Water damaged buildings can pose an enormous risk to health. Whether or not mould is visible or you can smell it, it may still be present.
All Mould and Water-Damage assessments include: thorough internal and external visual inspections, in infrared thermal imaging, moisture readings and moisture mapping.
In consultation with you, we may conduct:
- pre-mould testing (ATP swabs) to ascertain the need for further sampling
- surface and/or air samples for laboratory analysis
Careful inspection, identification of the causes and logical recommendations are provided.
Lead and Heavy Metals
- house dust mites
Lead testing is very important, particularly when working to reduce your blood lead levels.
Samples are collected for laboratory analysis – from ceiling dust, soil, paint chips, house dust and more.
Depending on your needs, your homes reticulation system and history, water sampling may be conducted.
- copper (if appropriate)
- 24 metals
- other tests may be carried out if required
Tailored to Suit YOUR Needs
We are experienced in writing reports for tribunals.
- Are you a tenant in an uninhabitable environment?
- Do you need evidence that there is an issue with your building?
- Are you a building surveyor or builder who needs to ascertain if the issues are due to defects or occupant activity?
We can assess the situation and compile a report to provide you with evidence (readings and/or lab results).
Please contact Lucinda to discuss what you require.