Ten Toxic Truths
Toxic Truths about Chronic Disease.
Lifestyle-related chronic disease is widely recognised as being one of the top underlying causes for death.
Epidemics and pandemics fuelled by high intake of sugar, fat, salt, alcohol, tobacco and lack of physical exercise, along with the involuntary exposure to the cocktail of industrial chemicals. The latter has been highlighted by the WHO, who forecasts a “tidal wave of cancer.”
No longer is toxicity about the dose – “the type of chemical, timing of exposure, the combination of chemicals and individual risk factors” all play a role in the toxic effects, says Prof Marc Cohen.
He identifies 10 toxic truths:
- Everyone is Affected
- The Full Extent is Unknown
- Tiny Doses can have BIG Effects
- Biomagnification Occurs up the Food Chain
- Chemical Cocktails are Synergistic
- Bioaccumulation Occurs over a Lifespan
- Windows of Development are Critical
- Effects are Trans-Generational
- Risk is Unequal, Unjust and Greater for the Young
- Exposure is Unequal, Unjust and Accidents Happen
I encourage you to read the full article – here.
Do You Want Assistance Identifying All Things Toxic?
My team of building biologists is here to assist you. Give me a call and we can tailor a building biology package to suit your needs.