Nursery & Toy Cleaner – Why I Love It
The main thing I love about this product is the Environmental Working Group (EWG) ratings for the ingredients. They are 1 or 2 – which is superbly low!
With a few ingredients and no added fragrance per se (it does contain lemon essential oil) this is a great product to use around those who are sensitive.
Back in the day, many moons ago, I was an early childhood teacher. I observed many times that bugs were spread from family to family, and back again, partially due to hygiene at the centre.
By keeping your child’s toys clean, you really can help to minimise bugs.
That said, I am a strong advocate for kids playing outside and building their immune systems naturally. There’s a balance!
I actually use it when I go onsite to do assessments. I mix it in a tube with some Thyme and Oregano essential oils to supercharge it, and then use it to clean my equipment and cases. (It is essential that I don't contaminate anyone’s place.)
What is in it?
This kit contains a reusable spray bottle with a concentrate “pod.”
- Purified Water, Bioflavonoid Blend (Bitter Orange Extracts): EWG rating 1
- Glycerine: EWG rating 2
- Lemon Essential Oil: EWG rating 1
How to Use Your Nursery & Toy Cleaner
- Once the concentrate is diluted in tap water, it is best to use within 3 to 4 months from opening
- Always clean your bottle with soap before you replenish. Store in a cool dry place
- To increase the shelf life of the diluted solution, use filtered water or disinfect the bottle before each replenishment
Using this Cleaner
Simply spray the surface or toy needing cleaning, and wipe it down with a Bamboo Microfibre Cloth.
Another way to use it would be to empty the contents of the diluted pod into a bucket and soak toys, before scrubbing and rinsing them.