EMF/EME Meter – Why I Love It
This EMF/EME Meter allows you to make an informed choice… and I love informed choice.
You can quickly and easily get an idea of what you are being exposed to and make a decision about how much time you will spend in that space.
This meter measures three types of EMF –
- Radio Frequency EMF – this is to do with wireless technology, Internet of Things (#IoT) and #5G
- Low Frequency Magnetic Fields – relating to household wiring, appliances, and powerlines
- Low Frequency Electric Fields– relating to household wiring, appliances, and powerlines
Although it is not a professional piece of equipment, it is accurate and reliable.
Despite the fact it doesn't give you an actual number, each light correlates to a small gauge, which you can easily correlate to numbers using the guide it comes with.
As technology is rolled out, without enough scientific evidence to prove that it is safe, we are all bathing in “electrosmog” – I think of this as EMF-pollution.
While the scientists debate, there are concerns and there is suffering (note that not all people are sensitive – in that not everyone feels it).
I would much rather that this technology had been proven safe BEFORE it was rolled out…
Let's adopt the Precautionary Principle – if we don't know it is safe, we choose to minimise our exposure.
What is it?
Here are the specifications for this meter.
- Radio frequency EMF/EME – measures from 50 MHz up to 8 GHz
- Magnetic Fields – measures from 16 Hz to 3 kHz
- Electric Fields – measures from 16 Hz to 3 kHz
- Powered by a 9V battery
- It has Standard Mode and High Resolution Mode (for radio frequency EMF/EME) – which is why I like this one so much
- Lights indicate the strength of the field. The guide it comes with allows you to translate the lights to an actual range in numbers.
- This EMF/EME Meter has been developed around Building Biology Standards, and as such, the High Resolution Mode lights correlate directly with what we see as safe or otherwise
- Size: 14 x 6.3 x 3 cm
- Weight 140 g
I will also include a piece of shielding fabric so that you can simulate shielding.
How to Use EMF/EME Meter
It is a basic meter that is user-friendly and comes with instructions to get you going.
As an “omni-directional” meter it picks up EMF from all directions at once. It will provide you with a fairly* accurate indication of overall levels of radio frequency EMF.
Unlike most entry level EMF/EME meters, this one is able to detect the XYZ axes which gives a “3D” understanding of the actual levels of magnetic and electric fields that you are being exposed to. This is called a “tri-axial” meter.
*I say, “fairly accurate” because it is not a professional piece of equipment, which starts at around $3,000 each. This meter is top of the range at this price point.