Air Purifier e20 – What I Love About It
This is the big ol’ uncle of my very first Air Purifier.
InovaAir have always designed their products for those who are chemically sensitive – as there is minimal plastic (just the knobs and switches). This makes the off-gassing time far less. Instead of plastic casing, it is powder coated steel – which is long-wearing and durable.
This beauty is on wheels, so you unless you are going to lug it up and down the stairs, its weight should be no barrier. Note, it does have sturdy handles on it, anyway.
This is a very efficient unit that has excellent filtration. Apart from True HEPA filtration (down to 0.3 microns), it contains 6 kg of activated carbon.
The electrostatic pre-filter is ideal as it protects the unit.
*NOTE I do not like electrostatic air purifiers, as they charge particles in the air, which causes them to stick together and may be small enough to get into the lungs.
I DO like an electrostatic pre-filter as it is more likely to capture particles, dust, dander, and so on… preserving this great investment.
There is no smart phone app, so it won’t contribute to electrosmog! YES!!!! Another plus. 🙂
What Is It?
Here are the specs on this Air Purifier E8.
- Effective in areas up to 100m2. Therefore it is ideal for most living spaces AND workplaces
- Chemical-free all steel powder coated construction! So it is ideal for people with chemical sensitivities.
- Dimensions: 39 (w) x 39 (d) x 58 (h) cm
- Weight: 22 kg
- Highly efficient in removing dust and allergens
- EC Fan offering class leading energy consumption (6 watts @ 120m3/hour)
- On castors, so easily moved from room to room on wheels
- Certified medical-grade HEPA filtration 99.97% at 0.3 microns
- High airflow quickly reduces ambient dust, allergens and chemical pollutants
- Ideal for chemical off-gassing from new furnishings, pollution from main roads and odours
- High-FlowTM air diffuser with silencer for ultra quiet operation
- High efficiency Pre-filter
- Final stage activated carbon filter
- Same medical-grade HEPA filtration normally only found in larger, more expensive air purifiers
- Main filter life 3-5 years) for low running cost
About the Filtration
Stage 1 – replace every 6 months when used 24/7
Pre-filter x 1 Technostat® Electrostatically charged high efficiency pre-filter
Stage 2 – replace every 3-5 years when used 24/7
H13 HEPA Filter x 1 H13 Medical-grade HEPA Filter, certified 99.97% minimum efficiency at 0.3 microns (tested down to 0.003 microns @ 100% efficiency)
HEPA filter surface area 6.4 m2 (69 ft2), 100% airtight gasket seals, all steel housing.
Stage 3 – replace every 3-5 years when used 24/7
Activated Carbon Filter x 1 6 kg (13.2lbs) coconut shell activated carbon filter can be used with HEPA filter for applications requiring heavy duty chemical & odour removal
Want more information? Download the spec sheet here.
How to Use Your Air Purifier 20
Download these easy steps to make the most out of your Air Purifier.
Download these instructions to recognise when the filter needs changing.