Desiccant Dehumidifier – Why I Love It
Desiccant Dehumidifiers are fabulous for cold climates. So throughout winter in ACT, Victoria and Tasmania (as well as mountainous regions), these will work well.
That is all I actually love about the Desiccant Dehumidifier. My heart belongs with a different unit.
I don’t love that they aren’t good in warmer weather.
My dehumidifier of choice is this one. I prefer it for many reasons. Primarily, it is more versatile. Although it works better in warmer temperatures, it has an inbuilt ceramic heater to warm the surrounding air so it can function optimally.
It is useful not only to dry out the air, but for helping get the laundry dry, on the odd occasion that we hang it inside.
What is it?
Here are some features of the Desiccant Dehumidifier
- efficient in cold climates
- extracts up to 10L/day
- nano silver filter (to kill viruses and bacteria)
- suitable for room <50 cubic metres
- easy soft-touch controls (humidity/drying settings/8hr timer)
- auto-swing louvers
- 3.8L water tank with auto shut-off
- 8 hour timer (2, 4, or 8 hours)
- continuous drainage feature
- auto restart after power failure
- full 2 year domestic replacement warranty from importer
Desiccant Dehumidifier Specs
- dimensions: 46.2 x 21.7 x 52.5 cm
- weight: 8.2kg
- moisture removal: 10L/day (20oC at 60%RH)
- 3.8L water bucket size with auto shut-off (so once capacity has been reached, it automatically turns off)
- includes a 1.2m hose for continuous drainage
- has an 8-hour timer
- noise level 45 (low) and 52 (high) dBA
- running temperature 1-40 degrees (C)