I am Lucinda Curran. Having always had a desire to make the world a better place, I am solutions-focused to make optimal wellbeing attainable. I draw from a varied toolkit to assist my clients.
Why am I a Building Biologist?
In a nutshell, my move to the inner city of Melbourne to practice as a Chinese medicine practitioner was catastrophic for my health. What were mild intolerances to perfumes, car fumes and cigarette smoke soon escalated and my reactions became debilitating and life threatening.
My determination never wavered.
I was determined to not only reclaim my health, but to prevent others from becoming sick… and thus began my studies in Building Biology and my full-time quest to make the world a safer place.
The link between the environment and the health of the individual was apparent in my clinical work (as a Chinese medicine practitioner) and Building Biology is a natural extension of this work as it is a deeper and more scientific insight into the environmental factors that can adversely affect health.
I do this because I know how important it is. | I do this because I know how empowering knowledge can be. | I do this because I believe in informed choices. | I do this because I won’t ignore the truth. | I do this because I know that change is possible. | I do this because it is time. | I do this because I care.
Eco Health Solutions’ Mission
To make the world safer for all who dwell here.
Our team work to the unparalleled high standard that people expect from Eco Health Solutions and we are able to service all of Australia. Together, we can guide many more people to address environmental stressors and improve their health.
- Advanced Diploma in Building Biology (ACES)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Chinese Medicine) (SSNT)
- Master of Arts (Macquarie)
- Bachelor of Arts (Macquarie)
- Diploma of Teaching (Macquarie)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (Connect)
- Certificate IV in Business (Connect)
- Certificate IV in Small Business Management (BTM)
Get to Know Lucinda
Public Speaking, Lecturing and Training
- 2018 (Oct): ASBB Environmental Health Conference – Your Health and Your Home: Why it is Essential to Have a Professional Building Biology Assessment
- 2018 (Aug): A5M Conference – The Impact of the Built Environment on Health
- 2018 (Feb-Oct): Australian Institute of Building Surveyors (with Stephen Kip and Jeremy Turner) – Weatherproofing and Fire Separation
- 2018 (May): BOINZ – Can a Building Really Affect Health?
- 2018 (May): Australian Institute of Building Surveyors SA Chapter Conference – Mould, Health and the Building Envelope
- 2017 (Oct): Australian Institute of Building Surveyors Vic Chapter Conference – Mould, Health and the Building Envelope
- 2017 (July): Australian Institute of Building Surveyors NSW/ACT Chapter Conference – Mould, Health and the Building Envelope