I am Lucinda Curran. Having always had a desire to make the world a better place, I am solutions-focused to make optimal wellbeing attainable. I draw from a varied toolkit to assist my clients.
Why Do I Do What I Do?
In a nutshell, my move to the inner city of Melbourne to practice as a Chinese medicine practitioner was catastrophic for my health. What were mild intolerances to perfumes, car fumes and cigarette smoke soon escalated and my reactions became debilitating and life threatening.
My determination never wavered.
I was determined to not only reclaim my health, but to prevent others from becoming sick… and thus began my studies in Building Biology and my full-time quest to make the world a safer place.
The link between the environment and the health of the individual was apparent in my clinical work (as a Chinese medicine practitioner) and Building Biology is a natural extension of this work as it is a deeper and more scientific insight into the environmental factors that can adversely affect health.
The Eco Health Solutions Team
I have hand-picked a group of talented building biologists and trained them up to the high level of service offered by Eco Health Solutions. All team members share an attention to detail, a passion for making a positive difference and the know-how to impart their knowledge to you.
Our team work to the unparalleled high standard that people expect from Eco Health Solutions and we are able to service all of Australia. Together, we can guide many more people to address environmental stressors and improve their health.
We are committed to doing a thorough assessment of your built environment in order to provide you with solutions to address environmental stressors. We are detailed. We care about doing the right thing by you. We understand.
February – October 2018:
“Weatherproofing and Fire Separation” national training
- Stephen Kip, SKIP Consulting
- Jeremy Turner, National Technical Manager @ AIBS
- Committee Member
- Technical Advisory Committee Member
- Member of Chapter Subcommittee
- Secretary of the IAQA Australian Chapter
- Water Pollution (2016-present)
- Air Pollution (2016-present)
- Business Skills (2016-present)
- Healthy Home (2016-2018)
- EMF Shielding (2016-present)
- 2015-2016 President
- 2013-2015 Treasurer
- Advisor to ChemicalFree Community
- Advanced Diploma in Building Biology (ACES)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Chinese Medicine) (SSNT)
- Master of Arts (Macquarie)
- Bachelor of Arts (Macquarie)
- Diploma of Teaching (Macquarie)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (Connect)
- Certificate IV in Business (Connect)
- Certificate IV in Small Business Management (BTM)
Public Speaking, Lecturing and Training
- 2018 (Aug): A5M Conference – The Impact of the Built Environment on Health
- 2018 (Feb-Oct): Australian Institute of Building Surveyors (with Stephen Kip and Jeremy Turner) – Weatherproofing and Fire Separation
- 2018 (May): BOINZ – Can a Building Really Affect Health?
- 2018 (May): Australian Institute of Building Surveyors SA Chapter Conference – Mould, Health and the Building Envelope
- 2017 (Oct): Australian Institute of Building Surveyors Vic Chapter Conference – Mould, Health and the Building Envelope
- 2017 (July): Australian Institute of Building Surveyors NSW/ACT Chapter Conference – Mould, Health and the Building Envelope