About I Can Breathe! masks
I Can Breathe! Inc. designs comfortable, high-quality face masks which reduce exposure to airborne particles and irritants. They were created by someone who needed them, they are sewn in Chicago, IL (USA) and they are a small family business.
Warnings and Precautions:
- Check the masks contents with your medical doctor, especially if you have sensitivities or allergies
- The masks should not be worn near fire
- Latex-free elastic is on all masks, except the organic cotton ones
- The activated carbon filter does not replace industrial strength respirators and is not meant for occupational exposure
- These masks are not NIOSH certified at this time
Please be aware:
Please note that respiratory masks are personal products, which, due to health standards may not be exchanged or returned for resale regardless of whether or not they have been opened.
If you are unsure if they are right for you, check with your medical doctor or physician, and only buy one (1) to try it out.
- Organic cotton ear loops and metal rings can be supplied with any of these masks, so that you can replace the latex-free elastic ear-loops (on all masks except the organic cotton ones.) Please request this when you are ordering
- Likewise, if you require latex-free elastic loops (or replacement elastic) please get in touch
- If synthetic is a problem, please contact me about a great alternative
- Wash all masks before using them with a washing product that is unscented and does not leave a residue
Basically, the choice is going to come down to your answers to a few key questions:
- What are you wanting to filter out?
- Are you alright with synthetic fibres?
You may find this table useful. If you would like to read more about this, please follow this link.
(Table from I Can Breathe! Inc. site, based on tests undertaken in 2006/ N95 MSA is a mask that according to the US government blocks 95% of particulates that are greater than 0.3 microns. Please follow the links on their page regarding sizes of particles, eg mould spores are 3-20 microns in size.)
About the Colours
Every effort is made to present the mask colours accurately, however due to the variations of computer monitors and the complex colouration of the masks it is not possible to show on your monitor the colour as the mask will appear when it arrives. Masks are made of different shades of mesh or lace one on top of the other.
Once you receive the mask the colour will differ in natural light versus artificial light. We try and give a good sense of the colour by its name, but as colours and colour names are subjective we can't guarantee that the mask colour you receive will be what you expect.
Please choose carefully. For health reasons we do not take returns. We will not exchange masks because of colour choice.
Travel and Care of Your Mask
|AWAYS wash before use. The adjustable ear loops allow the mask to fit almost everyone. The Honeycomb Mask was designed specifically to seal the filter effectively and not require frequent washing (unless you think you are exposed to virus or bacteria. In that case, soak mask in 3% hydrogen peroxide and allow it to air dry. Discard filter in the cellophane bag. Wash hands frequently.) The disposable activated carbon filters the air, which is especially useful on airplanes. Carry your Mask in your pocket or purse for handy use while touring air-polluted cities. For flights, the Organic Cotton and the Cold Weather Masks can be used to humidify the air. Simply wet them, blot them dry and wear them damp to warm and humidify the air.|
Please note that respiratory masks are personal products, which, due to health standards may not be exchanged or returned for resale.
Masks are guaranteed by the manufacturers (I Can Breathe! Inc.) if found to be defective in materials or construction.
How to Fit Your I Can Breathe! Mask
In this video where Lucinda shows you how to fit an I Can Breathe! mask.