How Can You Support Detoxification Naturally?
By taking the reins.
Detox really is the buzz word of this century – so far at least.
There are many well-intentioned and well-educated practitioners that espouse detox, recommending organic foods, an array of supplements and maybe even a strict regime.
Others may advocate saunas, exercise or products.
However, there is more to getting detoxification right than just these steps.
Recognise that all and any of these stressors can play havoc with your body’s natural ability to detox and take steps to eliminate them.
STEP 1 Start With What You Can Easily Change
- turn off your wi-fi router overnight OR when the children go to bed
- turn off your mobile/cell phone overnight
- don’t consume caffeine or alcohol to the point that it affects your sleep
- make sure your bedroom is dark
- quieten your home before bedtime
STEP 2 Introduce New Routines
- create a good sleep hygiene routine where you “wind down” gradually
- incorporate physical exercise into your day
- include a few minutes of meditation before bed
- go for a walk or stroll after dinner
- stop work by 7pm, eat dinner before 7.30pm, stop input (phone calls, conversations, social media) by 8.30pm
- limit caffeine consumption to before 10am
STEP 3 Address Your Built Environment to Reduce Your Exposures
- fix any leaks
- remove lead paint – or paint over it to “enclose” it (read more about managing lead here)
- ventilate your home
- install a proper water filter for your home
- swap your personal care and cleaning products to safer ones
- install flyscreens so you don’t need pesticides
#detox #ecohealthsolutions #buildingbiology #health