Top

Mould Dead and Alive

Mould Dead and AliveMould Dead and Alive

Mould dead and alive can be a problem.

There are many ways to kill mould, but this does not make it safe for your health.

Dead mould is called “unviable” and alive mould is called “viable.”

Mould is everywhere, however only about 25% of the spores are viable. The rest aren’t, which means they are dead.

In terms of health, mould, viable or not, is a problem.

Parts of mould break off, these are called hyphae. There are spores released to start new colonies. Some contain mycotoxins and others contain microbial volatile organic compounds (mVOCs).

Some moulds are particularly irritating, allergenic or problematic for health.

Yet for people who are sensitive or sensitised to mould, ANY mould can be a problem.

 

Here’s a video that I did… Mould Dead and Alive

Please excuse the start where the writing is mirrored – I hadn’t realised it would do that. 🙂

 

 


 

, , , ,

Author of all content is Lucinda Curran, unless otherwise indicated.